With so many of our races being affected by the drought, the 2 day Liebenbergsvlei fish qualifier is the perfect opportunity to get some decent mileage under the belt leading up to The Fish. Just a bit more information regarding the race on the 3rd & 4th of September:
Ø EURO STEEL have kindly agreed to come on board as a race sponsor.
Ø If anyone else is interested in getting involved as a sponsor, please contact M-J Robb (078 407 1638)
Ø Guaranteed water flowing at roughly 25 cumecs!
Ø The race starts at the Reitz Water Works and finishes at Zorgvliet Farm. The same 32km stretch will be repeated on Day 2.
Ø A map on how to get to the start, seconding points and finish will be made available in the coming weeks.
Ø Accommodation will be available overnight at the Zorgvliet Farm. Rates are as follows:
· Stables: R100pp (can sleep 60 people)
· Camping (with electricity): R100pp (only 6 stands available)
· Camping: R50pp
· Facilities include: Hot water ablutions, communal kitchen, braai facilities
· The farmhouse accommodation has been set aside for the Race Officials. We are still looking for assistance with marshall’s & sweeps. For those members of the club who are willing to assist, please contact M-J Robb.
Ø For those paddlers who aren’t tough enough to rough it with the rest of us in the campsite, alternative accommodation is available in the area:
· Guest house on the river between Reitz & Tweeling. Self-catering. Sleeps 10 people. Ideal for a family or group staying together. R300pp/night. 20km from Zorgvliet Farm. If interested, contact Elamarie van Deventer on 082 787 6163.
· http://poelanies.co.za/ (Reitz)
Ø Entry Fee is R200 per senior and R100 per junior paddler.
Ø Please enter online at http://www.gcu.co.za/race/online-race-entry-form/